STEPHEN J. GREENBLATT (1943 - )
- The Greenblatt Reader. Ed. Michael Payne. Oxford:
- Edited Works:
- New World Encounters. Berkeley: U of California P, 1993.
- Redrawing the
Boundaries: the Transformation of English and American Literary Studies.
Ed. Greenblatt and Giles Gunn. New York: MLA, 1992.
- Learning to Curse: Essays in Early Modern Culture. London:
- Representing the English Renaissance. Berkeley: U of
California P, 1988.
- The Power of Forms in the English
Renaissance. Special Issue of Genre 15 (1982). Norman, Okla.: Pilgrim Books, 1982.
- Allegory and Representation. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins UP,
- Selected Individual Works:
- The Swerve: How the World Became Modern.
New York: Norton, 2011.
- Will in the World: How Shakespeare Became Shakespeare. New
York: Norton, 2004.
- Practicing New Historicism. By Greenblatt and Catherine
Gallagher. Chicago: U of Chicago P, 2000.
- "The Touch of the Real." Representations 59 (1997): 14-29..
- The Fate of 'Culture': Geertz and Beyond. Ed. Sherry B.
Ortner. Berkeley U of California P, 1999. 14-29.
- Marvelous Possessions: the Wonder of the New World.
Chicago: U of Chicago P, 1992.
- Hamlet in Purgatory. Princeton: Princeton UP, 1991.
- "Culture." Critical Terms for Literary Studies.
Ed. Frank Lentricchia and Thomas McLaughlin. Chicago: U of Chicago P, 1990.
- Shakespearean Negotiations: the Circulation of Social Energy in
Berkeley: U of California P, 1988.
- "Towards a Poetics of Culture." Lecture, University of
Western Australia, September 4, 1986. Southern Review 20
- The New Historicism. Ed. H. Aram Veeser.
London: Routledge, 1989. 1-14.
- The Aims of
Representation. Ed. Murray Krieger. New York: Columbia UP,
- "Psychoanalysis and Renaissance Culture."
Theory / Renaissance Texts.
Ed. Patricia Parker and David Quint. Baltimore: Johns
Hopkins UP, 1986. 210-224.
- "The Cultivation of Anxiety: King Lear and his Heirs." Raritan
2 (1982): 92-114.
- "Introduction." The Power of Forms in the English
Renaissance. Special Issue of Genre 15.1-2 (1982): 1-4.
Pub. in book form by Norman, OK: Pilgrim Books, 1982.
- Norton Anthology of Theory
and Criticism. Ed. Vincent Leitch, et al. New York: Norton,
- The Critical Tradition: Classic
Texts and Contemporary Trends. Ed. David H. Richter. Boston: Bedford, 1998.
- Renaissance Self-Fashioning: from More to Shakespeare.
Chicago: U of Chicago P, 1980.
- Sir Walter Ralegh; the Renaissance Man and his Roles. New
Haven: Yale UP, 1973.