DIALOGISM (THE BAKHTIN CIRCLE)
- Dialogisme: Langue,
Universite de Montpellier, September
Mikhail Bakhtin: Applications in Psychology, Arts,
Education and Culture, Faculty of Education, University of Crete,
Greece, May 25-27
The Novelness of Bakhtin: Perspectives and
Possibilities, Department of Comparative Literature, University
of Copenhagen, Denmark, April 27-28
X International Bakhtin Conference,
Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, University Of Gdansk, Poland,
Bakhtin, Dialogue and Identity,
Department of Philosophy, Kalamazoo College, April 6-7
- Bakhtin and the Crisis of Subjectivity: Between
Philosophy and Literature, Sixth International Conference of
ISSEI (International Society for the Study of European Ideas), Haifa
University, August 16-21
- Bakhtin and Narrative Representation:
Contemporary European Perspectives, Rudolf Agricola Institute,
University of Groningen, March 16-17
Mikhail Bakhtin: Dialogue and Culture, VIII International Bakhtin
Conference, Department of
French, Italian and Spanish and the Department of Germanic, Slavic and East
Asian Studies, University of Calgary, Canada, June 20-25
- The Relevance of Bakhtin’s Ideas in an
Interdisciplinary Context, Centre for Applied Language Studies,
Department of Russian, University of Jyväskylä, Finland, May 16-17
- Dialogics--Ideology--Idolatry? Exploiting
Bakhtin, Russian Division, Department of Modern Languages,
University of Strathclyde,
- Bakhtin and the Humanities, University
of Ljubljana, Vegova 2, Slovenia, October 19-22
- Bakhtine et la pensée dialogique, Cerisy
la Salle, France, August 3-10
- Bakhtin Today, Department of English,
Pennsylvania State University, July 25-29
- VII International Bakhtin Conference,
Moscow State Pedagogical University, June 26-30
Scholars Who Have Worked on the Bakhtin Circle:
Dentith, Simon, ed. Bakhtinian Thought: an
Introductory Reader. London: Routledge, 1995.
Morris, Pam, ed. The Bakhtin Reader: Selected
Writings of Bakhtin, Medvedev and Volosinov. London: Edward
Shukman, A., ed. Bakhtin School Papers: Russian
Poetics in Translation. Somerton: Old School House, 1983.
Selected Individual Works:
- Literary Theory:
- Literary Criticism:
- Bialostosky, Don H. Wordsworth, Dialogics, and the Practice
of Criticism. Cambridge: CUP, 1992.
- Bialostosky, Don H. Making Tales: Wordsworth's Narrative
Experiments. Chicago: U of Chicago P, 1984.
- Booker, M. Keith. Flann O'Brien, Bakhtin, and Menippean
Satire. Syracuse: Syracuse UP, 1995.
- Branham, H. Bracht, ed. Bakhtin
and the Classics. Evanston, IL: Northwestern UP, 2002.
- Bristol, Michael. "Carnival and the Institutions
of Theatre in Elizabethan England." ELH 50 (1983):
- Bristol, Michael. Carnival and Theater: Plebeian Culture
and the Structure of Authority in Renaissance England.
- Castle, Terry. Masquerade and Civilization: the Carnivalesque in
Eighteenth Century English Culture and Fiction. Stanford:
Stanford UP, 1986.
Farrell, John P. "Reading the Text of Community
in Wuthering Heights." ELH 56.1 (1989): 173-208.
- Harris, Wendell V. "Bakhtinian Double-Voicing in Dickens and
Eliot." ELH 57 (1990): 445-458.
- Hitchcock, Peter. Dialogics of the Oppressed.
Minneapolis: U of Minnesota P, 1993.
- Knowles, Ronald, ed. Shakespeare and Carnival: After Bakhtin.
London: Palgrave Macmillan, 1998.
- Lodge, David. After Bakhtin: Essays on Fiction and Criticism.
London: Routledge, 1990.
Macovski, Michael. Dialogue and Literature.
Oxford: OUP, 1994.
Montgomery, Michael. Carnivals and Commonplaces:
Bakhtin's Chronotope, Cultural Studies, and Film. 1993.
Stallybrass, Pete, and Allon White. The Politics
and Poetics of Transgression. Ithaca: Cornell UP, 1986.
- Stam, Robert. Subversive Pleasures: Bakhtin, Cultural
Criticism, and Film. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins UP, 1992.
- Wesling, Donald. Bakhtin and the Social Moorings of Poetry.
Philadelphia: Bucknell UP, 2003.
- White, Allon. Carnival, Hysteria, and Writing: Collected
Essays and Autobiography. Oxford: Clarendon, 1993.
- Human Being:
- Blackman, L.
"The Dialogical Self, Flexibility and
the Cultural Production of Psychopathology."
Theory and Psychology 15.2 (2005): 183-206.
- Hermans, Hubert J. M. "The
Dialogical Self: Toward a Theory of Personal and Cultural Positioning."
Culture and Psychology 7.3 (2001): 243-281.
- Hermans, Hubert J. M. "Voicing
the Self: from Information Processing to Dialogical Interchange."
Psychological Bulletin 119 (1996): 31-50.
- Hermans, Hubert J. M., and Harry J. G. Kempen. The Dialogical
Self: Meaning as Movement. New York: Academic Press, 1993.
- Leiman, Mikael. "Toward
Semiotic Dialogism: the Role of Sign Mediation in the Dialogical Self."
Theory and Psychology 12.2 (2002): 221-235.
- Sampson, E. E. Celebrating the Other: a Dialogic Account of
Human Nature. Boulder, CO: Westview, 1993.
Stam, Henderikus J. "The Dialogical Self and
the Renewal of Psychology." International Journal of
Dialogical Science 1.1 (2006)
- Gardiner, Michael.
"Alterity and Ethics:
a Dialogical Perspective."
Theory, Culture and Psychology
Shepherd, David, Craig Brandist, and Galin Tihanov, eds. The
Bakhtin Circle: in the Master's Absence. Manchester: Manchester
Vauthier, Benedicte, ed.
Bakhtine, Volochinov et Medvedev dans les Contextes
Russe et Européen.
Blevins, Jacob, ed. Dialogism and Lyric Self-fashioning: Bakhtin and
the Voices of a Genre. Selinsgrove, PA: Susquehanna UP, 2008.
- Selected Individual Works:
UNIVERSITY PROGRAMMES / RESEARCH CENTRES / RESEARCH